Microsoft Buys Capptain to Get a Piece of the Mobile Push Analytics Arena
|Ron Beaman in Windows Mobile Sunday, June 1, 2014|
Microsoft has announced that it has acquired Capptain, which offers app user analytics and provides push notification services based on customer usage patterns.
According to a Microsoft statement, “Capptain will bring a vital new element to our end-to-end story for mobile app development – real-time user and push analytics. With Capptain’s solution, organizations can analyze customer and employee behavior in real-time, and respond by pushing targeted messages, announcements, information or offers. This information empowers organizations to provide personalized, specific content to their customers in order to maximize business opportunities.”
Microsoft will eventually integrate the Capptain platform with the wider Microsoft Azure suite of services while in the interim, Capptain’s existing solutions will remain available to both new and current customers.
Read more: http://azure.microsoft.com/blog/?p=148081
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more