IBM Opens Third Bluemix Garage in Canada
|Stuart Parkerson in Enterprise Friday, August 14, 2015|
IBM has continued the expansion of its Bluemix Garage with a new location in Toronto, Canada. Bluemix Garages are intended to provide a regional resource to connect companies with IBM expertise in cloud applications.
Toronto is the third Bluemix Garage, following San Francisco and London. Further expansion is planned with the additions of Nice, France and Melbourne, Australia later this year.
The Toronto Bluemix Garage will be located at the DMZat Ryerson University, a top-ranked university-based incubator in Canada. Toronto Bluemix Garage will work to encourage developers and startups in the region to create cloud apps and services using IBM’s Bluemix platform-as-a-service.
IBM launched Bluemixvia with a $1 billion investment in 2014, which is now one of the largest Cloud Foundry deployments in the world. The Bluemix catalog includes over 100 tools and services of open-source technologies combined with IBM and third-party services to help developers create, deploy and manage cloud applications.
Read more: https://www.ibm.com/cloud-computing/bluemix/garage...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more