Dynamsoft Releases Barcode Scanning SDK for iOS Apps
Wednesday, July 13, 2016
Dynamsoft has released a new software development kit (SDK) for iOS developers to that provides the ability to integrate barcode scanning into iOS apps. The new SDK supports 1D and 2D barcode reading.
Dynamsoft’s Barcode Reader for iOS SDK supports reading single barcodes from images and smartphone cameras. Synchronous and asynchronous barcode decoding are supported. The SDK works with iOS 7, 8 or 9 and iPhone 4S and above. Valid architectures are armv7/arm64/i386/x86_64.
It provides the ability to read bar codes without a quiet zone and decodes bar codes printed on various surfaces. This includes passports, ID cards, vehicle identification numbers (VIN), boxes, documents, and more. Supported 1D barcode types include Code 39, Code 128, Code 93, Codabar, Interleaved 2 of 5, Industrial 2 of 5, EAN-13, EAN-8, UPC-A, and UPC-E. Supported 2D barcodes include QRCode, DATAMATRIX, and PDF417.
A number of add-ons are also available, such as a webcam capture SDK, optical character recognition (OCR) SDK, and SDKs for PDF annotation and rasterizing.
Read more: http://www.dynamsoft.com/Products/barcode-scanner-...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more