Developers Can Now Improve an Apps Connectivity Through Public Beta of Kwicr Platform
Monday, January 5, 2015
I was chatting with the team at Kwicr this morning at the Appnation conference and they let me know their platform is now in public beta. We reported earlier this year about the launch of the private beta of the company’s mobile delivery network.
In a nutshell, the Kwicr platform helps publishers provide faster download speeds, higher quality media playback and analytics into how connectivity issues affect a user’s experience with an app. It’s unique in that it solves a problem that in the past publishers simply had no control over – the quality of connectivity.
The platform works by combining smart science with adaptive intelligence. The advanced mathematics provided by the platform compensates for packet loss within a network and reduces retransmissions as the platform’s Intelligent Rate Control optimizes network goodput. Or in other words, the platform recognizes what’s slowing down information transfer and helps speed things up.
The heart of the platform is adaptive intelligence, which is constantly learning and completely under a developer’s control. The platform knows when it can improve a session and, if it can’t, it steps out of the way. Also, you can direct the service to take actions based on a series of very flexible parameters like time of day, location, network type, etc.
I have been experiencing just this problem at CES this week as the massive hotel structures degrade signal quality and I find many of the apps I normally use exceedingly slow. An optimized connectivity experience may just have made the difference in my using an app in these conditions or just abandoning it for the time being.
Using the Kwicr platform publishers should see a number of improvements including:
- Users have a better access to the content they want, when and where they want it.
- Improved quality of rich media playback.
- Eliminated “buffer bloat” and the spinning “progress wheel” through reduced re-buffering and video stalls.
- Enhanced transmission speed and quality.
You can learn more about the platform or join the public beta by checking out the Kwicr website.
Read more: http://www.kwicr.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more