Department of Homeland Security Creates Mobile Application Playbook
Tuesday, April 26, 2016
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO), has created The Mobile Application Playbook (MAP), a DHS sponsored reference guide to assist federal agencies with the planning, management, and execution of mobile application projects.
The MAP publication provides a roadmap for creating mobile applications and is designed to reduce security risk and help comply with the DHS policies and procedures. MAP is a tailored to the unique requirements of mobile computing within the DHS environment. This playbook provides a documented set of steps for planning and deploying mobile applications quickly and securely while following all necessary gate reviews.
MAP was created with input from multiple Federal Agencies and industry partners. Within DHS, OCTO works collaboratively with the Mobile Device Security (MDS) Program within the Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) to identify and respond to the evolving threats and security challenges in the mobile
Read more: http://www.atarc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/DH...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more