Everything you need to know about MySQL 8.0
|Christian Hargrave in Enterprise Tuesday, October 3, 2017|
Database company, MySQL, has upgraded its offerings an a version 8.0 update.
Key new features in MySQL 8.0
Improved JSON Support:
- JSON Path expressions now support ranges.
- There are also some other optimization and performance improvements added in as well.
“The MySQL document store allows you to treat MySQL like a document database, with a set of NoSQL CRUD APIs to access your data. First introduced in MySQL 5.7, the document store now provides you with consistent reads-and-writes. This gives it a distinct advantage over other NoSQL databases, in that developers don’t need to give up transactional semantics. Data created in the Document Store can also be accessed via the regular MySQL SQL protocol.” describes MySQL in the blog article.
- Indexing capabilities for the new document store feature is also getting an improvement from previous 5.7 capabilities.
- Support for spatial indexing of GeoJSON data inside of a JSON document
CTEs and Window Functions:
- MySQL has implemented recursive queries or Common Table Expressions(CTEs) as well as Window Functions
- Unicode support has been updated to 9.0
Better Handling of Hot Rows:
- New Lock modifiers “SKIP,” “LOCKED,” and “NOWAIT” has been implemented.
“It is becoming more common for MySQL to be deployed in a virtual machine, where the amount of system resources can change as the system is scaled up or down. With the new innodb_dedicated_server option, it’s possible to auto-detect the system memory, and have MySQL adjust appropriately without having to edit configuration files.” says MySQL.
Learn the basics of blockchain technology. No mathematical formulas, program code, or computer science jargon are used. No previous knowledge in computer science, mathematics, programming, or cryptography is required. Terminology is explained through pictures, analogies, and metaphors.
Learn the best ways to organize your app development projects, and keep code straight, clients happy, and breathe a easier through launches.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.