ScaleArc now supports Microsoft Azure SQL database
|Christian Hargrave in Cloud Services Wednesday, September 27, 2017|
Database-as-a-service platform, ScaleArc, has integrated for SQL Server software with Microsoft Azure SQL Database.
Their database load balancing software deploys between application and Azure SQL Database servers to direct traffic into the database on behalf of the application. The software enables applications to leverage underlying database functionality without programming database logic into the app. ScaleArc also accelerates cloud-native application development, because developers no longer need to program database logic into the application. To fully support enterprise deployments, ScaleArc’s software upgrade also supports Azure Active Directory (AAD) for user authentication.
“Azure SQL Database offers a level of simplicity and ease of administration that dramatically offloads IT resources,” said Justin Barney, president and CEO of ScaleArc. “The challenge has always been whether a company’s applications can take advantage of the flexibility and scalability of these cloud resources. With ScaleArc software, Azure SQL Database customers can now leverage that agility with increased application uptime and performance.”
- Automatically scale application performance with no code changes by automatically discovering all SQL Database cluster members, leveraging all available readable secondaries, and directing reads vs. writes to the appropriate servers - this capability eliminates the need to code “read intent” connect strings within apps to take advantage of readable secondaries.
- Ensure application uptime and performance by monitoring health status and replication lag on all servers in the cluster, sending traffic to the fastest server based on Time to First Byte and avoiding any servers with performance or availability problems.
- Eliminate the impact of transient errors by holding persistent client connections and directing queries to the new primary following a database server failover - the ScaleArc software will hold writes in queue until the failover is complete, shielding the application and the customer from seeing application errors.
- Avoid downtime from Azure SQL Database maintenance by having ScaleArc front end Azure SQL Database clusters in multiple zones or regions and leveraging the software to route around downed database resources. ScaleArc can detect the new primary and always route the writes appropriately, avoiding potential split-brain issues with Azure SQL Database. Also, ScaleArc’s surge queue holds writes and waits for the server role change to happen, ensuring writes go to the new primary.
- Accelerate application performace by leveraging ScaleArc’s app-transparent caching capabilities - this feature allows Azure SQL database customers to identify queries that are good candidates for caching, add them to the cache via a single mouse click, and expire the cache based on time to live or auto-invalidation when the data changes.
Google Cloud Platform in Action teaches you to build and launch applications that scale, leveraging the many services on GCP to move faster than ever. You'll learn how to choose exactly the services that best suit your needs, and you'll be able to build applications that run on Google Cloud Platform and start more quickly, suffer fewer disasters, and require less maintenance.
Learn how easy it is to apply sophisticated statistical and machine learning methods to real-world problems when you build on top of the Google Cloud Platform (GCP). This hands-on guide shows developers entering the data science field how to implement an end-to-end data pipeline, using statistical and machine learning methods and tools on GCP. Through the course of the book, you’ll work through a sample business decision by employing a variety of data science approaches.
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.