Helium launches low-power long-range solution for IoT devices
|Christian Hargrave in IoT Thursday, July 20, 2017|
Low-power and long-range IoT product suite released by Helium, a provider of IoT connectivity.
Securely capturing and transmitting data from the hardware to the application layer is highly problematic for most organizations, who are faced with the challenges of configuring, securing and managing massive numbers of devices. “Connectivity is extraordinarily complicated when dealing with resource-constrained embedded devices,” said Amir Haleem, CEO of Helium. “Helium has taken a process that normally takes months of labor-intensive work from a large team and simplified it to a process that can be achieved in minutes with minimal staff, and provides the visibility and control needed to manage at scale going forward.”
Automating device management and updates through a central dashboard
As companies continue to build and scale their IoT deployments, it becomes especially crucial that they ensure full control and management of their operations. Helium allows companies to manage and update their systems from a central console, the Dashboard, eliminating the need to visit every sensor in the field, which is a common challenge of remote field monitoring. Dashboard also serves as a central point for Helium Channels, the setup and integration of the cloud applications and data stores used to assess and take action on these physical data.
"Although there has been great progress made in the areas of IoT hardware and cloud software, there are still major technical and economic challenges in getting connectivity to the edge point to gather and deliver data,” said Rob Bamforth, Principal Analyst at Quocirca. “Simplifying and lowering costs of connectivity deployment would remove a significant barrier to mass IoT adoption in several industries."
Key features include:
- Zero configuration for simple installation and setup at scale
- Compatibility across hundreds of hardware providers
- Extremely long range connectivity, on the order of many city-blocks in dense urban applications and hundreds of square miles in sparse rural settings
- IEEE standards-based hardware provides maximum flexibility for changing business demands with no proprietary lock-in
- Hardware-based security to ensure data is encrypted and devices authenticated, end to end
- Over-the-air updating and bi-directional communication to provide future-proofing, up-to-date software and further protection from security risks
- Helium Channels provide interoperability with all major cloud solution providers such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS IoT, and Google Cloud Platform IoT Core
- Full visibility and management enabled by their Dashboard
Read more: http://www.helium.com/
Learn the best ways to organize your app development projects, and keep code straight, clients happy, and breathe a easier through launches.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.