Open Source 28,351 VIEWS
Posted Wednesday, November 30, 2016 by Richard Harris, Executive Editor
Kontena v1.0 builds on the company’s mission to be the most developer-friendly open-source container and microservices platform that can be used on any infrastructure, be it on-premises, cloud or hybrid.
More than just a container platform, this highly integrated package is:
- Easy to use: This release includes the addition of Kontena Stacks, an end-to-end solution that allows developers to manage applications that are composed of multiple containers. Stacks enable developers to describe, install and upgrade even the most complex solutions.
- Advanced: Kontena is a full-stack solution that includes secrets management, fully integrated load balancers, built-in image registry and lifecycle management of complete containerized application stacks.
- Flexible: Unlike some container platforms, Kontena offers support for both stateless and stateful containers. This allows for almost any type of application to be run.
- Scalable: With Kontena’s built-in provisioning tools, users are able to easily adjust the size of their deployment according to business needs. Start small, grow big and scale down if needed with just a few commands.
- Versatile: Kontena supports cross-region and hybrid cloud deployments. This means developers can aggregate resources from multiple sources, including their own datacenter or public cloud across regions and availability zones.