Kontena Container Now Available on Packet Bare Metal Servers
Thursday, September 8, 2016
Kontena just announced that it is partnering with Packet, creator of an API-driven, bare metal platform. The partnership consists of a ready-made version of the Kontena container and microservices platform that runs on Packet’s bare metal servers. The combined technology provides an extremely fast and developer-friendly environment to run applications in containers.
The new partnership provides:
- Maximized developer happiness: With everything a developer needs to start creating containerized applications—stateful or stateless—Kontena is simple and easy to use. The platform works on any infrastructure: on-premises, cloud or hybrid.
- A scalable solution: Many of the other container platforms on the market are geared mostly toward Google-scale operations, but Kontena is ideal for set-ups that start small and grow bigger over time.
- Price and performance: Packet supports demanding containerized applications in production. It brings the price and performance benefits of bare metal servers to the cloud, powering highly available performance workloads through a unique, never-congested network.
- Fully dedicated servers: With Packet bare metal, there are no noisy neighbors, shared resources, or hypervisors to introduce latency and impact your workload.
“We are very excited to partner with Packet, which offers the first bare metal cloud that developers can manage. The combination of Packet and Kontena empowers developers with the ability to run and scale containers in production faster and easier. Making Kontena available on Packet helps further our goal of maximizing developer happiness.” -Miska Kaipiainen, chief executive officer and co-founder, Kontena
Read more: https://www.packet.net/promo/kontena/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more