Kony MobileFabric Now Offers Enhanced Support for Apps on AWS
Monday, August 15, 2016
Kony has announced enhanced support for applications running on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and updates to its offerings in AWS Marketplace. The announcement includes new support for AWS Mobile and IoT offerings that make it easier and faster for mobile app developers using Kony MobileFabric to develop, build and deploy apps on the AWS Cloud.
Kony MobileFabric 7 provides a set of enterprise-grade mobile infrastructure services for developers to use to build apps that integrate and support all backend systems and is available in AWS Marketplace. Three versions of Kony MobileFabric have now been updated, including a free Developer edition, a low-cost Express edition with three-times more capacity, and a fully-featured Standard edition that is offered as a SaaS delivery model. The Standard edition provides high availability and automatic scale-out, along with a 99.95% service level agreement.
Kony MobileFabric 7 also now includes new features specifically optimized for AWS customers, including:
- AWS API Gateway support: Kony MobileFabric now includes the ability to automatically discover APIs hosted on AWS and exposed through the AWS API Gateway. This allows developers to rapidly build mobile apps that combine AWS-hosted APIs along with Line of Business systems like SAP, Oracle or Salesforce.
- Object Services support: Kony MobileFabric now offers support for its new Object Services on AWS, which enables developers to define or automatically generate application data models hosted on AWS and map them to a set of backend content sources for rapid data integration, modeling and object development.
- AWS cloud storage support: Kony MobileFabric also allows developers to automatically take advantage of AWS-hosted cloud storage for data that may not exist in any backend line-of-business system. When defining data models in Object Services, developers can automatically store these objects as relational data that is redundantly persisted on the AWS Cloud.
- AWS IoT Services support: Kony MobileFabric offers a new architecture for building digital applications that take advantage of AWS IoT services. Developers can take advantage of AWS services such as AWS Lambda and Amazon Kinesis via the Amazon API Gateway, and also provide support for protocols such as MQTT and CoAP that enable integration with the latest connected IoT devices. This speeds the development of new IoT-enabled business processes.
- Enhanced Cordova support: Kony MobileFabric offers an updated version of its SDK to allow enhanced development by Cordova developers on AWS. This enables mobile developers to rapidly provision the backend services of MobileFabric for their Cordova front-end apps, adding enhanced new levels of powerful integration, API management, security and analytics.
- Enhanced SAP Business Suite integration support: Kony MobileFabric offers updated integration with SAP Business Suite. This certified add-in for SAP Business Suite enables SAP customers to extend their business processes to the AWS Cloud to mobilize end to end business processes like field service, sales, or HR. This extends the value of their investments in SAP with customer-centric experiences.
Kony is a Technology Partner member of the AWS Partner Network (APN) and has achieved the APN Mobile Competency. Part of the APN Competency Program, designed to connect AWS customers with qualified APN Partners that have demonstrated technical proficiency and proven success in specialized solution and vertical areas.
The APN Mobile Competency highlights the top APN Partners with significant experience working with developers and mobile-first businesses to help build, test, analyze and monitor their mobile apps. APN Partners that achieve AWS Competencies are objectively validated as capable of offering a wide variety of services, software and solutions that run on AWS.
Coinsource attempts to stop Bitcoin fraud Monday, April 23, 2018
You can now rent sports gear with Rental Pal Monday, April 23, 2018
Facebook starts testing for playable ads Monday, April 23, 2018
Facial detection for verified ad views launches from Jinglz Saturday, April 21, 2018
DevOps practices more likely to integrate automated security Saturday, April 21, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you