AWS Wants You to Train and Certify on Cloud Computing Security
Saturday, July 9, 2016
As part of its Training & Certification program, AWS has updated its self-paced Security Fundamentals course that provides an introduction to fundamental cloud computing and AWS security concepts, including AWS access control and management, governance, logging, and encryption methods. The web based course also addresses security-related compliance protocols, risk management strategies, and procedures for auditing AWS security infrastructure.
The course is intended to appeal to IT business-level users and professionals interested in cloud security practices and security professionals with little or no working knowledge of AWS as well as IT auditors, analysts, and regulators. It is also a recommended prerequisite for the 3-day Security Operations on AWS course.
The training covers the following concepts:
- Introduction to Cloud Computing and AWS Security
- Access Control and Management
- AWS Security: Governance, Logging, and Encryption
- Compliance and Risk Management
This course teaches participants how to do the following:
- Identify the security and compliance benefits of using the AWS cloud.
- Discuss the AWS Shared Responsibility Model.
- Describe the access control and access management features of AWS.
- Use AWS services for security logging and monitoring.
- Describe data encryption methods to secure sensitive data.
- Describe AWS services used to protect network security.
- Describe the basic steps to ensure strong governance of your AWS resources.
- Identify AWS services used to maintain governance of control environments.
- Use the AWS audit features.
- Explain how to audit an AWS environment.
- Explain the AWS compliance and assurance programs.
- Describe how AWS audits and attestations validate that security controls are implemented and operating effectively.
Specific updates to the AWS Security Fundamentals course include:
- New content on AWS security services related to encryption, network security, access control and management, and reporting of user access to AWS services.
- Updated information about the AWS Shared Responsibility Model.
- Demos to teach how to create encrypted root volumes, configure AWS Web Application Firewall (WAF), and create and run AWS Config Rules to evaluate an AWS environment for compliance.
- More robust content around AWS compliance and assurance programs, and AWS services that help enforce governance, compliance, and risk management.
- A short quiz to assess knowledge on AWS security concepts and services.
Read more: https://aws.amazon.com/training/
Xpress solution aims to help you create IoT apps faster Friday, September 21, 2018
30,000 blacklisted apps hosted on the Google Play Store report finds Friday, September 21, 2018
Alibaba Computing Conference 2018 yields partnership with MariaDB Friday, September 21, 2018
Tidelift surpasses $1M to pay open source software maintainers Friday, September 21, 2018
iOS 12 notification changes should make you rethink your messages Friday, September 21, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you