Posted 6/7/2016 6:57:33 PM by STUART PARKERSON, Publisher Emeritus
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) has released HPE ALM Octane, an application lifecycle management (ALM) software which provides access to a number of developer tools including Jenkins and GIT to offer continuous quality opportunities for companies leveraging Agile and DevOps.
HPE ALM Octane utilizes Swagger-documented REST APIs and an open platform architecture built on a layer of open source. The platform configures and manages automated testing within the context of a continuous integration pipeline, providing developers with the ability to automatically view results and defects in context. The open architecture provides organizations with access to a wide array of test frameworks from both HPE and third parties.
Features of the platform include:
Enhanced Open Source Dev/Test Toolchains
HPE ALM Octane is integrated with a core set of widely adopted tools focused on test automation, collaboration and application deployment, which increase volume and shift testing left. Leveraging the strength of these tools, HPE ALM Octane adds value for cross-toolchain visibility and insight. The solution will support the following tools and frameworks:
- Jenkins and TeamCity integration to trigger continuous integration and testing activities, discover tests, execute test runs, and maintain relationships and report results -- including defects associated with each pipeline build.
- GIT to provide manual tests script version management and managing tests in source code.
- Business-Driven Development (BDD) via support of Gherkin to develop tests earlier in the design and development phases of the lifecycle; this helps streamline the use of automated testing from manual processes as tests are easily converted to automated scripts.
- A wide array of test automation tools from HPE and open source including HPE Unified Functional Testing, HPE LeanFT, HPE StormRunner Load, and Selenium that are executed via CI integration; and test activities, types and results which are continuously reported and linked to HPE ALM Octane application modules, builds and defects.
- Swagger-documented REST APIs for straightforward third-party tool integration.
Continuous Quality for DevOps Software Delivery
Utilizes the continuous integration process and associated activities to capture, analyze, provide, and present intuitively actionable data for defect management and tracking.
Enhanced Collaboration with ChatOps
Proactively tracks rapidly evolving relationships between pipeline activity, application architecture and components, and state of quality. In addition, HPE ALM Octane tracks change between application components, backlog, builds, tests, and defects. Artifacts, status, and relationships are easily maintained through intelligent tagging and with ChatOps, collaboration becomes context rich and automatic.
Read More http://www8.hp.com/us/en/software-solutions/alm-so...