Posted 5/27/2016 10:02:11 AM by RICHARD HARRIS, Executive Editor
The Red Hat Summit will be held June 27 – 30 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. The open source technology event will showcase the latest innovations in cloud computing, platform, virtualization, middleware, storage, and systems management technologies. The event will include:
General Sessions - There are 6 general sessions intended for all Red Hat Summit attendees. Red Hat executives and industry thought leaders will discuss industry trends, success stories, and what's on the horizon in open source technology.
Hands-on labs - Labs are 2 hour, instructor-led courses that allow participants to test drive tools and technologies. Red Hat Summit also offers self-paced labs during instructor-led labs. Labs include:
- Instructor-Led Labs: Subject matter experts lead attendees through a 2 hour lab on a particular product or solution. Capacity for hands-on labs is limited, so advance sign up is required. There are 24 instructor-led lab options.
- Self Paced Labs: Choose from 50 plus labs featuring a range of Red Hat products and solutions to complete at an attendee’s own pace. Self-paced labs are available each day
- Taste of Training: These 2-hour sessions led by training curriculum developers give a preview of what's available in Red Hat's training courses. Due to hardware requirements Taste of Training sessions have limited capacity, so advance sign-up is required.
- Power Training: A two-day, accelerated training course led by expert instructors. There are 9 available course options.
Breakout sessions - There are over 200 breakout sessions which offer 60 minute presentations by subject-matter experts focused on a particular topic. Offered are both business and technical breakout sessions ranging in technical difficulty from 1-5. The sessions are broken down by track which include:
- Big Data and Analytics: Storing, processing, and analyzing large amounts of data.
- Management: Tools and technology for managing clouds, platforms, and applications.
- Applications: App development tools and technologies with a focus on best practices, methodologies, and techniques.
- DevOps: Techniques, tools, and best practices for successful DevOps.
- Modernizing and Optimizing: How to make existing infrastructure even better.
- Automation: Automating business and technology workflows to streamline and increase efficiency.
- Implementation: In-depth sessions covering performance and system administration.
- Mobility and IoT: Bringing devices and big data into the datacenter.
- Cloud services: Implementation, security, and management of public and private clouds.
- Integration: Connecting systems and data seamlessly.
- Open Source Community: The people involved and the projects happening upstream.
- Containers: Development and management for a containerized infrastructure.
- IT strategy: The people, processes, and technologies crucial to long-term business objectives.
- Security: Compliance, identity, and risk mitigation in and beyond the datacenter.
Read More https://www.redhat.com/en/summit...