MarkLogic 9 NoSQL Database Released in Preview
Friday, May 13, 2016
MarkLogic has released MarkLogic 9 in preview, offering updates to the NoSQL database for integrating data from silos. MarkLogic is optimized for structured and unstructured data providing the ability allowing to store, manage, query and search across JSON, XML, RDF, geospatial data, text, and large binaries.
New features in MarkLogic 9 include:
Data Integration: MarkLogic 9 allows organizations to continuously changing data that exists across the enterprise:
- Entity Services let developers give their data meaning by using a semantic model of the key concepts (entities) and the relationships between them.
- The Optic API is a new query mechanism that allows developers to combine documents, triples, and rows for flexibility to execute joins across entities, perform aggregations, and project data in different views. Queries using the Optic API are fast, leveraging a new underlying index and distributed execution across a cluster.
- Enhanced SQL capabilities integrate data from the MarkLogic database with existing SQL tools to make business intelligence and other functionalities powerful, fast and effective.
Security: MarkLogic 9 continues to build upon its security features, with new abilities that address how data is protected and exported, and how privacy is preserved.
- MarkLogic 9 introduces an advanced encryption capability that protects data from hackers and insider threats using standards-based cryptography, advanced key management, and granular separation of duties.
- New redaction features eliminate the exposure of sensitive information such as social security numbers by removing specific information or replacing it with other values in order to prevent leakage of sensitive data.
- Element-Level Security allows specific elements or properties of XML and JSON documents to be hidden from particular users, providing an even more granular level of security than the document-level security that already exists in the MarkLogic database.
Manageability: MarkLogic 9 improves the customer experience by delivering administration that increases staff productivity and agility.
- MarkLogic Ops Director eases management for system administrators across multiple clusters, across cloud and on-premise systems, and across production, test and development environments.
- Rolling Upgrade lets system administrators upgrade MarkLogic clusters without downtime. It is another part of the MarkLogic effort to deliver non-disruptive operations, which is already visible in features like tiered storage, online rebalancing, and elasticity. Telemetry will help MarkLogic to proactively discover, fix and alert customers to potential issues.
Read more: http://www.marklogic.com/what-is-marklogic/
IDVoice biometric security update has been released Friday, June 22, 2018
The role of the mainframe in digital transformation Friday, June 22, 2018
Building native mobile apps with Creo Thursday, June 21, 2018
Machine data and SQL database release from Crate.io Thursday, June 21, 2018
Postgres support has been unvieled for Toad Edge Thursday, June 21, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you