Cloud Security Alliance Forms New Software Defined Perimeter for Infrastructure as a Service Initiative
Friday, March 04, 2016
The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) is forming a new Software Defined Perimeter (SDP) for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) initiative. With the new program, the Alliance plans to demonstrate how an SDP can better protect IaaS services for enterprise usage, and deliver protection of on-premises and IaaS resources.
The alliance’s rationale is that through understanding and leveraging an SDP model, organizations can then enable hybrid or multi-platform clouds by abstracting provider-specific configurations, and leveraging consistent policies, identity stores, and processes across their environments.
Goals of the initiative include:
- Documenting specific security, compliance, and architecture challenges that arise from enterprise adoption of IaaS.
- Exploring how an SDP solution can solve these problems.
- Providing architectural and deployment guidelines and best practices for secure IaaS, including the impact of DevOps initiatives.
- Influencing the SDP specification to address IaaS-specific requirements.
Planned deliverables include:
- Analysis and taxonomy of IaaS-specific security, network, identity, and compliance challenges.
- Explanation of how an SDP architecture can address these challenges.
- Deployment scenarios and use cases that examine aspects such as network configuration, identity management, authentication, and security groups.
The alliance is seeking participation from enterprises, cloud providers, and technology vendors to collaborate on the initiative.
How Blockchain is making an impact in healthcare Monday, April 23, 2018
Coinsource attempts to stop Bitcoin fraud Monday, April 23, 2018
You can now rent sports gear with Rental Pal Monday, April 23, 2018
Facebook starts testing for playable ads Monday, April 23, 2018
Facial detection for verified ad views launches from Jinglz Saturday, April 21, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you