Cohesity Makes New Updates to Its Hyperconverged Secondary Storage Platform
Friday, February 12, 2016
Cohesity has released version 2.0 of its Cohesity Data Platform, a hyperconverged secondary storage solution which includes new performance, management, and security features for enterprise customers across a wide range of industries.
The Cohesity Data Platform helps companies consolidate secondary storage use cases, such as disaster recovery, data protection, test and development, analytics, and file services. New 2.0 features include site-to-site replication, cloud archive, and hardware-accelerated, 256-bit encryption.
Cohesity’s hyperconverged secondary storage platform helps companies overcome the challenges of fragmented data silos caused by the adoption of various point solutions to handle backup, file services, and other secondary storage use cases.
Cohesity Data Platform 2.0 includes the following new features:
- Site-to-Site Replication: Organizations can achieve enterprise-level resiliency with the new capability for site-to-site replication between Cohesity Clusters.
- SMB Protocol: With support for SMB 3.0, growing file services for network-attached storage in a simple manner with built-in integration for Microsoft applications and file services is easy.
- Stronger Security: Hardware-accelerated AES 256-bit FIPS-compatible encryption provides greater data security to meet even the strictest privacy and protection standards for highly regulated federal, financial services, and healthcare organizations.
- Automated VM Cloning for Test/Dev: To deliver a more streamlined test/dev workflow that repurposes backup data, automated cloning of backup VMs is now available to more quickly spin up zero-space clones.
- Cloud Enabled: A newly added public cloud archival tier enables organizations to take advantage of the cost efficiencies of the cloud with the option to spill over the least-used data to Google Cloud Storage Nearline, Microsoft Azure and Amazon S3, Glacier, cutting on-premises storage costs.
- Adaptive Throttling: The Cohesity Data Platform 2.0 provides adaptive throttling of backup streams to minimize the burden on customers’ production infrastructure.
More rewarded mobile ads = higher user engagement Thursday, April 19, 2018
IT Revolution announces DevOps Enterprise Summit Las Vegas 2018 Thursday, April 19, 2018
Reshape the World Challenge launches to help the self-employed Wednesday, April 18, 2018
USC Games announces first student games expo Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Move data between the cloud and edge with Couchbase Mobile 2.0 Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you