New Varnish API Engine V2.0 Meets a Minimum of 23,000 API Calls
|Richard Harris in HTML5 Thursday, October 15, 2015|
Varnish Software has released Varnish API Engine V2.0, which increases the performance of the previous version to a minimum of 23,000 API calls per second (for the standard three node server cluster) to meet the requirements of high volume mobile, IoT and CDN web applications.
The API Engine was created to meet the needs of high traffic volume. V2.0 also offers a new graphical user interface, improved access control for future-proofing API Management, and support for SSL/TLS for greater security. New functionality in Version 2.0 is based on feedback from early adopter enterprise customers and includes:
- Improved access control: Makes it easier for enterprises to create user groups and define access roles, allowing them to better monetize access to data and services through their APIs.
- Graphical user interface: An enterprise capability that complements the Command Line Interface and makes the Engine more accessible to all types of users.
- Support for SSL/TLS proxy: For enterprise security, this capability is tightly integrated with Varnish Cache Plus and encrypts communication on both the server and client ends.
The Varnish API Engine 2.0 is available through Varnish Software. Pricing starts at €43,000/ $47,000 for a three node cluster + admin server.
Read more: https://www.varnish-software.com/products/varnish-...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more