IncrediBuild Now Supports Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 and Windows 10
|Richard Harris in Game Development Thursday, August 13, 2015|
IncrediBuild’s latest release of IncrediBuild 7 now supports Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 (including Visual Studio Community) and Windows 10.
IncrediBuild is a Visual Studio 2015 Sim-Ship partner and, in line with Visual Studio 2015’s increased focus on gaming, IncrediBuild 7 offers the opportunity to accelerate the latest version of Unreal Engine for both compilation and baking, providing significant time reduction to Unreal Engine processing.
IncrediBuild 7 includes the following new features:
- The latest release adds acceleration to native Visual Studio 2015 projects: C++, C#, Android development (introduced in Visual Studio 2015), and universal projects.
- Support for GTest, Google’s unit testing framework (also supports many other unit testing tools such as MSTest, VSTest, and test scripts).
- User interface improvements, making monitoring builds easier and more comprehensive.
- Further acceleration to Intel compiler support. The latest release brings increased build performance of Intel compiler-based solutions under Visual Studio 2010 and above by applying predictive execution to the Intel compiler.
- IncrediBuild 7 includes certification for Unreal Engine baking. In a recent benchmark, running a full rebuild of Unreal Engine locally (without IncrediBuild, on 8 cores) took 50 minutes. With IncrediBuild, the build time was reduced to 7.5 minutes – an 85% reduction.
Read more: https://www.incredibuild.com/incredibuild-product-...