Dynamsoft Imaging SDK Now Supports Document Scanning for HTML5Based Browsers
|Stuart Parkerson in HTML5 Friday, July 31, 2015|
Dynamsoft has updated the web version of its TWAIN-based scanning SDK software to add HTML5 support for IE on Windows and mainstream browsers on Mac platforms.
For Windows, Dynamic’s Web TWAIN receives added HTML5 support for Internet Explorer (IE) 10 and 11. For Mac, the added HTML5 support is for Safari v7+, Chrome v27+, and Firefox v27+ on Mac OS X 10.6 or later. In addition to the ability to scan documents from TWAIN-compatible scanners in web browsers, the product supports image editing features such as rotate, crop, mirror, and flip. It supports a variety of files formats, transfer protocols and file systems.
Dynamsoft’s Dynamic Web TWAIN provides programmers with built-in interfaces to access local TWAIN devices from web pages. The update reflects a growing need for HTML5 support for imaging SDK solutions. With the phase out of the NPAPI plugin in Chrome and other updates among browsers, Dynamic’s Web TWAIN his a need helps meet the need for browser and platform support of web scanning in modern browsers.
Technical details include:
- TWAIN specification 2.1 and below compatible
- Supports both 32 and 64-bit TWAIN drivers (ActiveX, HTML5, Plugin Editions).
- Supports saving images as a byte array.
- Support SSL for HTTP uploading and downloading
Read more: http://www.dynamsoft.com/Products/WebTWAIN_Overvie...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more