SaaS adoption is increasing
|Richard Harris in Cloud Services Tuesday, September 19, 2017|
SaaS and cloud technology adoption for enterprise IT departments is on the rise says Progress' new IT professionals report.
- SaaS adoption has increased from 62% to 79% in the last year as has significant investment in on-premise RDBMS and big data. This combination creates a major challenge in accessing on-premise data from the cloud with increasing complexity in firewall policies mixed with expanding data protection laws and security standards.
- Nearly 100% of those surveyed are leveraging various forms of data access standards (up from 88% last year).
- Adoption of analytics is increasing, with 63% of respondents noting analytics and reporting as high priority. As a result, adoption of open analytics is rapidly growing as a complementary component to overall analytics/reporting strategies.
- Hadoop Hive is the most popular interface in a crowded space of SQL-for-Big Data technologies and is expected to be the fastest growing SQL interface to big data in the next two years.
- For those using embedded analytics, 45% are also using data science tools, 59% are using data visualization and 65% are leveraging enterprise reporting.
“With great volumes of data generated every second, organizations need a seamless integration of all sources to derive business value,” said John Ainsworth, SVP, Core Products, Progress. “Our leading data connectivity solution, Progress DataDirect, enables enterprises to stay agile and boost revenue by providing high performance, real-time connectivity for any application platform or database, regardless of its deployment - on-premise or in the cloud. With that, the DataDirect solution can also boost customer satisfaction with apps and accelerate time to market.”
Clouds are distributed technology platforms that leverage sophisticated technology innovations to provide highly scalable and resilient environments that can be remotely utilized by organizations in a multitude of powerful ways. To successfully build upon, integrate with, or even create a cloud environment requires an understanding of its common inner mechanics, architectural layers, and models, as well as an understanding of the business and economic factors that result from the adoption and real-world use of cloud-based services.
The ultimate hands-on Linux user guide.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.