SaaS adoption is increasing
|Richard Harris in Cloud Services Tuesday, September 19, 2017|
SaaS and cloud technology adoption for enterprise IT departments is on the rise says Progress' new IT professionals report.
- SaaS adoption has increased from 62% to 79% in the last year as has significant investment in on-premise RDBMS and big data. This combination creates a major challenge in accessing on-premise data from the cloud with increasing complexity in firewall policies mixed with expanding data protection laws and security standards.
- Nearly 100% of those surveyed are leveraging various forms of data access standards (up from 88% last year).
- Adoption of analytics is increasing, with 63% of respondents noting analytics and reporting as high priority. As a result, adoption of open analytics is rapidly growing as a complementary component to overall analytics/reporting strategies.
- Hadoop Hive is the most popular interface in a crowded space of SQL-for-Big Data technologies and is expected to be the fastest growing SQL interface to big data in the next two years.
- For those using embedded analytics, 45% are also using data science tools, 59% are using data visualization and 65% are leveraging enterprise reporting.
“With great volumes of data generated every second, organizations need a seamless integration of all sources to derive business value,” said John Ainsworth, SVP, Core Products, Progress. “Our leading data connectivity solution, Progress DataDirect, enables enterprises to stay agile and boost revenue by providing high performance, real-time connectivity for any application platform or database, regardless of its deployment - on-premise or in the cloud. With that, the DataDirect solution can also boost customer satisfaction with apps and accelerate time to market.”
Google Cloud Platform in Action teaches you to build and launch applications that scale, leveraging the many services on GCP to move faster than ever. You'll learn how to choose exactly the services that best suit your needs, and you'll be able to build applications that run on Google Cloud Platform and start more quickly, suffer fewer disasters, and require less maintenance.
Learn how easy it is to apply sophisticated statistical and machine learning methods to real-world problems when you build on top of the Google Cloud Platform (GCP). This hands-on guide shows developers entering the data science field how to implement an end-to-end data pipeline, using statistical and machine learning methods and tools on GCP. Through the course of the book, you’ll work through a sample business decision by employing a variety of data science approaches.
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.