Pivotal Integrates Cloud Foundry With Cisco's Metapod as a Managed Private Cloud Solution
|Stuart Parkerson in Cloud Services Wednesday, February 17, 2016|
Pivotal and Cisco have joined forces to provide Pivotal Cloud Foundry in conjunction with Cisco's Metapod, offering a new option for enterprise cloud application development. Together the integration of Cisco Metapod and Pivotal Cloud Foundry offers a managed private cloud solution with a cloud native developer experience.
Cisco Metapod is an OpenStack-based, on-premises solution that is engineered, deployed, and remotely operated and Pivotal Cloud Foundry offers an application container runtime with fully automated service deployment.
The move is part of the Cisco Solution Partner Program (part of the Cisco Partner Ecosystem) which brings together Cisco and third-party independent hardware, software and technology vendors to deliver integrated solutions. Through the agreement, Pivotal has is Cisco compatibility certification offering 24-hour, 7-days-a-week customer support.
The Pivotal Cloud Foundry provides:
- Elastic container runtime
- Attachable backing services
- Structured deployment process
- Polyglot language support
- Four layers of high availability
- Integrated logging and monitoring
- Zero downtime application updates
- Platform security and visibility
Cisco Metapod offers the following features:
- Architected for stability, scalability and simplicity
- Instant, self-service resource provisioning
- Enforcement of security policies and authentication
- High availability and monitoring
- Control users, groups, projects, quotas and VM images
- Historical and real time operational reporting
- Delivered as a fully-managed service
- SLA guarantees
Read more: http://pivotal.io/cisco
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more