Lanner's New FW7526 Desktop Network Appliance Offers EntryLevel UTM
|Stuart Parkerson in Cloud Services Friday, June 3, 2016|
Lanner has introduced its newest desktop network appliance in response to the growing trend in cloud computing to replace physical CPE (Customer Premises Equipment) with virtualized, software-defined CPE in order to establish flexible branch-to-cloud connections. This trend is seeing companies implement virtual branch networks by focusing on virtualized network services, allowing virtual machines to replace physical equipments to assure branch network connectivity.
Lanner’s new FW-7526 desktop appliance offers an Intel Atom C2358/C2518 CPU, Intel QuickAssist Crypto Acceleration, 4 x RJ-45 GbE, 2 x SFP GbE, LAN bypass, Intel AES-NI and up to 16GB DDR3 memory. The Intel Atom C2358 or C2518 CPU (dual-core or quad-core) offers functionality for entry-level UTM, firewall, VPN and virtual CPE in small-medium enterprise settings due to its low power consumption and steady performance.
Supported by Intel’s QuickAssist Crypto Acceleration technology for cryptographic boost, the processor is built in with Intel AES-NI (Advanced Encryption Standard – New Instruction) to further enhance the network data encryption for higher security level.
Functioning as a virtual CPE, FW-7526 comes with four RJ-45 GbE ports and two SFP GbE ports for network connections. The device also features one pair of Lanner’s Gen2 LAN bypass for network traffic reliability.
Memory wise, FW-7526 supports up to 16GB DDR3 memory. Regarding other I/O connectivity, the device features 1 x mini-PCIe slot with SIM reader, mSATA storage socket, 1 x console and 2 x USB ports. In addition, FW-7526 supports nano-SIM card for wireless 3G/4G/LTE network.
FW-7526 Network Appliance specifications include:
- Intel Atom processor dual-core C2358 or quad-core C2518 (Codenamed Rangeley)
- Fanless design
- 4 x GbE RJ45 and 2 x GbE SFP ports
- Supports Intel QuickAssist crypto acceleration
- Includes Intel AES-NI new instructions
- Supports up to 16 GB DDR3 memory
- Intel i210-IS or i354 LAN controller
- Support 1 pair Gen.2 LAN Bypass
- 1 x mini-PCIe with SIM slot for wireless expansion
- Optional rack mounting kit support
Read more: http://www.lannerinc.com/
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more