Corona Labs has announced the new public release of the Corona SDK
. There are a number of new features and fixes in this public release. One of the biggest is that Composer GUI (in beta) is now available to all users of Corona SDK, including the starter and basic version. Also, this build addresses Google Play’s coming deadline conceringn using their advertising ID. Corona reports the Admob plugin will work with this release.
The Composer GUI is a visual editor for Corona SDK that provides the ability to rapidly create apps and games for multiple platforms. Developers can create the user interface, scenes, and levels in conjunction with the Composer API scene management library. This drag-and-drop tool can help significantly speed up development workflow.
Composer GUI offers the following basic features:
- Load and save scenes/levels
- Preview transition animation and physics within the Composer GUI
- Set scene options such as canvas size, background color, grid settings, and more
- Create custom shapes, lines, and text using the tools in the left toolbar
- Set the shape size, fill, stroke, position, and rotation interactively or via the inspector panels
- Add image assets to a scene by drag-and-drop
- Create timeline animations using the timeline properties panel
- Add physics to images and custom shapes and set specific parameters for each
- Lock, hide, and arrange objects in the timeline object inspector
- Add objects to display groups
Read more: https://developer.coronalabs.com/content/corona-sd...
What else is new in the release:
- Composer GUI Beta (Mac only)
- ParticleSystem objects library (Pro subscription and higher)
- Support for Particle Designer 2.0 and other Particle Design tools
- LiquidFun library (Pro subscription and higher)
- Custom Device skin (Pro subscription and higher)
- Widget library fixes
- Transition library fixes
- Updated Android Facebook SDK
- Updated iOS Facebook SDK (plugin)
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
- Improvements to Mac and Windows Simulator
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.