CodeLathe's FileCloud Adds Microsoft Azure File Storage as Storage Option
|Stuart Parkerson in Enterprise Tuesday, January 5, 2016|
CodeLathe’s FileCloud has added support for Microsoft Azure File Storage as a backend file storage option. The FileCloud platform allows businesses and managed service providers to host their own end-to-end file sync, share and mobile access solution with the ability to deploy the high available, redundant and scalable FileCloud on Azure Cloud infrastructure.
Azure File Storage offers file sharing on Azure using the standard SMB protocol (SMB 3.0). It is built on the same technology as Blob, Table, and Queue Storage to utilize the availability, durability, redundancy and scalability offered by the Azure platform. FileCloud is a pure-play software solution and businesses can choose to deploy it on-premise or on public cloud IaaS services.
In addition to file sharing and sync, FileCloud provides endpoint backup, data leak prevention (DLP) and HIPAA compliant auditing. FileCloud offers file synchronization across users computers (Win, Mac and Linux), smart phones and tablets (iOS, Android, Windows 8 and Blackberry).
The platform offers the following functionality:
Provide secure access to enterprise data from any device
- Multiple ways to access data securely including Web Access, Sync, Remote Drive, Mobile Apps, Outlook Add-on
- Private Dropbox like sync to employees and partners
- Alternative to archaic VPN and FTP
Integrate with existing IT Systems
- Works with network shares, active directory, NTLM SSO
- Integration with existing NTFS file permissions
- APIs to integrate with business processes
Protect business critical data
- Administrator tools to manage users, devices, activities
- Protect data using endpoint backup and versioning
- Prevent data leaks using remote mobile wipe / block features
Control, privacy and security
- Keep data within the company retaining full control of the data
- Detailed audit capabilities to meet regulations (HIPAA, HITECH)
- Complete control over file sharing among employees, vendors, customers
Customize to reflect an organization’s brand
- Highly available, scalable, multi-tenant architecture
- Complete white label EFSS solution with customization options including mobile customization to build an organization’s brand
Pricing for FileCloud starts at US$999/year for 20 licenses. Additional user licenses cost just US$25 per user per year.
Read more: https://www.getfilecloud.com/filecloud_azure/