The Synergistic Approach to Mobile App User Engagement: The Sum of Your Data is Greater Than Its Parts
Monday, October 20, 2014
Here’s a quick quiz: Guess what these eight things have in common: Users, Session Length, Session Interval, Time in App, Acquisitions, Screen Flow, Retention, Lifetime Value.
If you’re an app developer doing any kind of analytics for your app, it wasn’t hard to figure out that these are metrics that you should be tracking for your mobile app users. However, have you thought about how each is intricately intertwined with the others and as a whole weave a tapestry that is greater that the sum of its parts? There’s a name for this and it’s called “Synergy.”
Synergy loosely defined is the interaction of individual components that, when combined together, produce a total effect that is greater than the sum of the individual components. When applied to the task of analyzing metrics to create a user engagement strategy, taking a synergistic approach to the eight components mentioned earlier, helps create a holistic strategy that will help ensure the success of your app.
Measuring and optimizing for the right engagement metrics is the key to attaining and keeping users. And whether your business model is driven by in-app advertising, purchases, or paid subscriptions, driving your revenue is fundamentally dependent on personalization and engagement. Attaining synergy when analyzing your app’s interaction with its users is the key to keeping those users - users that you’ve worked very hard to obtain.
To help understand this synergistic approach, Localytics has produced a series of guides that provide insight into understanding how your app metrics work together. In particular, their publication,“8 Critical Metrics for Measuring App User Engagement,” discusses how to use analytics to drive the success of your mobile app.
The guide covers the following:
- Discusses in detail the eight engagement metrics that you should be measuring for your specific app’s success, including why they’re critical and how they impact your bottom line.
- Suggestions for running marketing campaigns and boosting ROI.
- Statistics around understanding your user behavior and how it impacts your app’s performance.
- How to get started in structuring your specific analytic profile.
- How to create and run targeted marketing campaigns in five easy steps.
The publication is available as a free download on the Localytics website.
Read more: http://info.localytics.com/4d-8-critical-app-engag...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more