Sticky Issues on Intellectual Property What is Your Liability For Hackathons
|Stuart Parkerson in Events Tuesday, July 23, 2013|
Maybe more, according to a thought provoking article posted on the Wired website. Written by Scott Popma and Scott Allen, the authors take an interesting take on hackathons examining potential legal challenges/liabilities, ownership rights conflicts and other considerations.
Topics they cover include indemnification, downstream risks, and conflicting agreements.
It just shows that anything that a developer puts out there or participants with could have ramifications. Check out the article.
Read more: http://www.wired.com/opinion/2013/07/your-friendly...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more