Chat SDK for developers from Agora
Wednesday, October 26, 2022
Agora Inc. recently announced the release of its Chat SDK, which allows developers to create customized messaging experiences. The new SDK allows for a fast, smooth user experience with features like cross-platform messaging, offline messaging, exporting, and much more you won't want to miss.
Agora, Inc. announces the global availability of Agora Chat, a new SDK that aims to make it easy for developers to rapidly embed real-time in-app chat into their web and native apps; providing an immersive experience that keeps their users more connected, informed, and engaged. The launch of Agora Chat coincides with the start of Agora’s flagship event RTE2022, the world’s largest conference exploring RTE technologies.
From social to education, to gaming, to retail, to telehealth, to the future of work and beyond, there are a significant and growing number of use cases that require real-time audio and video, as well as real-time in-app Chat, and our customers need a solution for both. Agora Chat delivers the same broad developer platform support as Agora’s Audio and Video Calling SDKs, so developers can get to market quickly by leveraging their platforms of choice.
"Agora Chat has been in development for quite some time, and we’re excited to finally make it available for developers to use in applications. We know their users will love its features and look forward to seeing all the innovative ways developers utilize it," said Tony Zhao, Agora's CEO.
"Agora Chat has been a core part of our mobile solution, enabling sales specialists to quickly respond to customer requests regardless of the communication channel. The quality and support from Agora Chat allow for a fast, smooth user experience that has opened up an attractive revenue potential we want to capitalize on," said Julio Fiallos, CEO of Leveraged.
Chat SDK for developers from Agora provides the following features:
- Rich media messaging - Supports emojis, GPS location, structured messages, push notifications, and rich-media files with auto-generated thumbnails.
- Scalable cross-platform messaging - From one-to-one private chat to feature-rich group chat with thousands of members and a consistent experience across mobile, desktop, and web.
- Messaging essentials - Offline messaging, message recall and deletion, read receipts, presence and typing indicators, push notifications, and chat history export.
- Security and compliance - Supports leading security, compliance, and data privacy requirements including GDPR and HIPAA.
- Content moderation - Protect users from unwanted profanity, spam, and inappropriate images or text with robust content moderation built into the chat platform.
- Message translation - Enable automatic, on-demand, or push translation so your users can chat in their preferred language.
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more