OutSystems' new features help enterprise IT adopt Low-Code
|Richard Harris in Low Code No Code Tuesday, November 14, 2017|
Enterprise IT and DevOps low-code platform, OutSystems, looks to help teams make the transition with all new features.
According to Gartner, “DevOps can deliver compelling business advantages, but many organizations struggle to start, or restart, an initiative due to uncertainty about how to approach the transformation.”
New OutSystems DevOps features include:
- Enhanced LifeTime Deployment API: The Deployment API allows the management of applications, modules, environments and deployments of an OutSystems infrastructure. This allows DevOps teams to use their existing DevOps orchestration platforms to manage the lifecycle of applications built on and running within OutSystems.
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services Integration: Leveraging the Enhanced LifeTime Deployment API, OutSystems is announcing a supported VSTS Extension in the Microsoft Visual Studio Marketplace, which allows organizations to manage builds and releases of OutSystems applications through VSTS.
- Jenkins CI/CD Server Integration: A supported extension to enable the management of OutSystems application lifecycles with the popular open source Jenkins continuous integration and continuous delivery tooling in a DevOps operation.
- LifeTime DevOps Advanced Deployment Options: Functional enhancements granting more flexibility when planning deployments and improved user interface to search and select applications to be deployed, useful for DevOps teams managing large environments with hundreds or thousands of applications deployed.
- Test Framework: Test Framework is a test management tool that allows automation and orchestration of Unit Testing using BDD Framework Tests, UI Tests, API Testing and Mobile Testing, enhancing collaboration between development, QA, and operations departments.
“OutSystems wants all organizations to take advantage of the development speed of low-code - this is fundamental to them achieving their digital transformation goals,” said Paulo Rosado, CEO of OutSystems. “Where organizations have an existing investment in DevOps tooling, we want to break any barriers to entry and make it easy to add our platform into their toolchain.”
How the proper implementation of a low code platform empowers users with an effective way to develop and deploy solutions, while allowing IT to greatly expand its reach and enhance its contribution to the organization.
Learn the best ways to organize your app development projects, and keep code straight, clients happy, and breathe a easier through launches.
All the tools you need to an in-depth Citizen Developers Self-Assessment. Featuring 677 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Citizen Developers improvements can be made.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.