LISA 2016 Conference Will Provide 6 Days of System Administrator Training
|Stuart Parkerson in Events Friday, August 19, 2016|
If you’re a system administrator, you’ll want to make plans now to go to Boston in early December to take in the LISA 2016 conference (Large Installation System Administration Conference). The event is hosted by USENIX, an association that brings together technical information and events for engineers, system administrators, scientists, and technicians to explore the most advanced information and recent developments concerning computing systems.
Now in its 30th year, the six-day LISA program will include invited talks, workshops, panels, tutorials, and mini-tutorials. At the LISA Lab, attendees and speakers can demo, collaborate on, and test out new ideas. Evening receptions and birds-of-a-feather sessions provide opportunities to meet and network with other sysadmin’s.
The event will include the following presentation formats:
- Talks: 30-minute talks with an additional 10 minutes for Q&A.
- Mini Tutorials: 90-minute courses teaching immediately applicable skills.
- Tutorials: Half-day or full-day courses taught by experts in the specific topic, with interactive components such as in-class exercises, breakout sessions, or use of the LISA Lab space.
- Panels: Moderator-led groups of 3–5 experts answering moderator and audience questions on a particular topic.
- Workshops: Half-day or full-day organizer-guided, round-table discussions which bring members of a community together to talk about common interests.
The early bird registration deadline is November 10 and the cost is based on a tiered pricing formula. The base registration includes: training materials on an 8GB USB drive; continental breakfast, luncheon, and refreshment breaks; admission to conference reception, vendor expo, and evening activities; and conference t-shirt.
Read more: https://www.usenix.org/conference/lisa16
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more