As part of the Silicon Valleys Global Entrepreneurship Summit, 30 companies have committed
to including more inclusive technology hiring practices as part of the Tech-Inclusion
The companies are pledging to taking the following actions:
- Implement and publish company-specific goals to recruit, retain, and advance diverse
technology talent, and operationalize concrete measures to create and sustain an inclusive
- Annually publish data and progress metrics on the diversity of our technology
workforce across functional areas and seniority levels.
- Invest in partnerships to build a diverse pipeline of technology talent to increase our
ability to recognize, develop and support talent from all backgrounds.
Companies that are participating in the program include: 500px, Airbnb, Arimo, Box, BrightBytes, Clarifai, Color Genomics, DataSift, Distil Networks, Drillinginfo, ezCater, Gainsight, GitHub, GoDaddy, Illuminate Education, Intel, Intrinsic, Lyft, Medium, Moz, Nootrobox, Pinterest, Return Path, SAP, SkyTap, Spotify, TeamSnap, Turnitin, UnifyID, Unitrends, VMWare, ZestFinance, and Zynga
The announcement comes on the heels of a new White House initiative to “advance inclusive entrepreneurship and innovation here at home.” Among the White House initiatives are:
- Major expansion of the Small Business Administration’s Startup in a Day initiative to nearly 100 U.S. cities and communities. This effort helps streamline licensing, permitting, and other requirements needed to start a business in their community, with the goal of enabling entrepreneurs to apply for everything necessary to begin within 24 hours.
- Three Federal agencies will adopt new expansions of the National Science Foundation’s Innovation Corps (I-Corps) entrepreneurship-training program. Over 800 teams have completed the curriculum, from 192 universities in 44 states, resulting in the creation of over 320 companies.
To help examine the state of wage inequality in the technology industry, Hired.com recently published a report
titled “Women, Work and the State of Wage Inequality” offering in-depth report on the state of wage inequality for the technology industry pulled from an analysis of more than 100,000 job offers across 15,000 candidates and 3,000 companies on Hired’s platform.
Read more: http://www.ges2016.org/press-releases/2016/6/22/as...
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.