Posted 12/11/2015 10:07:46 AM by STUART PARKERSON, Publisher Emeritus
WaveMaker has released the latest version of its Rapid App Development platform which offers responsive front-end development of applications for the web or mobile browser. The company’s new RAD Hybrid Mobile App Development platform adds new hybrid mobile app development capabilities that can leverage device capabilities such as camera, geo-location, network, local file storage, etc.
The new platform offers a single-click cross-platform installer to build enterprise Android and iOS apps. WaveMaker’s hybrid mobile app development extension offers the following features for adding mobile capabilities to existing apps:
- Zero-code hybrid mobile app development eases both development and maintenance of apps for smartphones
- Simplify packaging such apps in-house using the integrated cross-platform installer builder (based on Apache Cordova), instead of sending apps to a remote site mainly for packaging
- Empower functional teams with limited front-end development skills to build modern UI for mobile devices
- Mobile-ready widgets that enable touch gestures like swipe, tap, and pinch
- Support for various screen resolutions and multiple pixel density needed for good UI on smartphones
- Mobile widgets that can access device capabilities such as camera, geo-location, network, and local file storage without the need to write code
- Mobile-ready page templates that provide a good starting point for most common UI capabilities, reducing the need for UI designers for every app project
While the Hybrid MRAD platform may not be suitable for gaming and animation apps or for highly interactive consumer-oriented apps, it can be viable for the following types of applications:
- Business productivity apps, enabling employees to use those apps on a variety of platforms, versions, and devices
- Internal apps that automate company business processes, harnessing device capabilities and enabling remote use of API services
- Media apps, enhancing the power of the app by supporting mobile devicesRead More http://www.wavemaker.com/...