Dell Goes Back to the Future With Product Releases at Dell World 2015
Wednesday, October 21, 2015
With the announcement of the EMC purchase a brief week ago, Dell is flexing its new found muscles at its annual Dell World conference, with announcements of expansion of Dell products and the new future that the EMC acquisition represents.
At its opening night ceremony, all of Dell’s products and services were on exhibit and the theme of a future centric strategy was no more in view than with a display of the “Back to the Future” Delorean, placed strategically next to Dell’s future-ready strategy product platform.
Among the new offerings announced at Dell World were:
- Dell released the Dell “Future Ready Economies Model”, which was developed by IHS Economics in partnership with Dell. The model measures how well an economy is positioning itself for innovation and growth. Dell leadership believes that insights from the Future Ready Economies and their attributes, create policies and strategies that will enable their region to prosper and achieve strong economic health.
- Dell has updated its end-to-end big data and analytics portfolio through advancements to its analytics platform. Also announced was a new family of analytics-as-a-service offerings for industry verticals such as banking, healthcare and insurance enables organizations to embed analytics across core processes.
- Dell announced new solutions and services designed to support large-scale datacenter customers. Included are new servers designed specifically for the fast growing datacenter market, new highest-end enterprise storage arrays and hyperconverged appliances, next-generation data protection software, and new IT deployment and automation services.
- The new Edge Gateway 5000 Series is purpose-built for the building and factory automation sectors. Available as a solution for IoT, the 5000 Series is composed of an industrial-grade form factor, expanded input and output interfaces, and with wide operating temperature ranges.
- Dell announced a new security solutions with technology previews from Network Security include the Dell SonicWALL APT Protection Solution, integrated management of Dell Networking X-Series switches through the Dell SonicWALL firewall interface, and the addition of Cyren anti-virus signatures to Dell SonicWALL Email Security. The new Dell One Identity Cloud Access Manager 8.1 adds SaaS-based, multi-factor authentication via Defender as a Service. Additionally, Dell Data Security is announcing three new solutions: Dell Data Protection Cloud Edition 2.0; Dell Data Protection Server Encryption; and Dell Data Protection Endpoint Recovery solution. Dell Services also introduced Dell AEGIS to identify and assess mission-critical application vulnerabilities and Dell SecureWorks recently announced general availability of its new on-demand Emergency Cyber Incident.
Applitools raises $31M to advance visual AI Tuesday, April 24, 2018
How Blockchain is making an impact in healthcare Monday, April 23, 2018
Coinsource attempts to stop Bitcoin fraud Monday, April 23, 2018
You can now rent sports gear with Rental Pal Monday, April 23, 2018
Facebook starts testing for playable ads Monday, April 23, 2018
Stay UpdatedSign up for our newsletter for the headlines delivered to you