In the second part of a national two-part study on current IT trends and market opportunities, business executives and IT decision makers from companies across diverse industries, services, locations and work force size showed mixed opinions on the prioritization of and investment in enterprise technology solutions.
The online survey was fielded for Appian by Harris Poll in February 2015 and consisted of representatives from companies with $1 billion or more in revenue in different industries, services, location, and work force size.
In the survey business executives (95 percent) and IT decision makers (94 percent) agreed on the previous challenges with legacy technology providers when building, implementing and maintaining custom software which were defined as software applications that must be built by either a company’s internal IT team or through outsourced development because the required functionality cannot be purchased through a packaged software offering.
However, other aspects of the survey show disagreement when it comes to investing in custom software and cloud-based application platforms:
- 87 percent of respondents from both groups believe custom software is driving innovation in technology.
- Business executives think that operations (60 percent), customer service (55 percent), and finance (50 percent) are the key business areas that are driving the need for new technological solutions and applications.
- 70 percent of IT decision makers cited investment in cloud-based application development as a solution to custom software, however only 58 percent of business executives understand the value of this solution from an investment perspective.
- Business executives and IT decision makers agree that the top benefit of custom software is its ability to be designed to serve a unique need (53 percent).
- Agility to make enhancements (48 percent), delivering better customer service (45 percent), ease of integration (44 percent), and efficiency of software (44 percent) were also cited as benefits by business executives.
- Both groups agreed financial services is the industry that will most benefit from custom software (59 percent and 48 percent).Read more: http://www.appian.com/resources/business-executive...
Love Is Like Pi Never Ending T-Shirt Math Pi day Gift Shirt. Perfect Shirt to celebrate Pi Day 2019. Great gift whether you just love Math or you are a Math Student, Teacher or similar.
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.