So Many Mobile Ad Formats, What’s an App Developer to Do
|Richard Harris in Monetize Tuesday, October 21, 2014|
Mobile advertising is continuing to explode and more and more big brand names are moving their ad budgets out of traditional media and into mobile.
Its great news for developers and their apps in the marketplaces, however the folks on Madison Avenue are not going to let their creative juices fade away just because they are working on a small screen. They get the big bucks for ad campaigns and are going to push the envelope when developing creative for the available mobile ad formats and push mobile ad networks to offer more unique and engaging alternatives.
So as a developer, it’s important to understand the landscape of mobile ads today and be familiar with all the ad formats currently available. A recent post by Emily Reynolds of Phunware provides a nice review of this current crop of ad formats including the use of sliders, splash ads, panels, native, and more.
And yes, standard banner ads are still an option. However the industry is moving beyond the lowly banner to more esoteric ad options that fit and interact better with mobile apps, providing a less intrusive experience while still delivering powerful messages.
To hear more about what Emily has to say, you should check out her blog post.
Read more: http://www.phunware.com/blog/app-advertising-forma...
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more