QASymphony's New JIRA Plugin Supports Test-First Development Philosophy
|Stuart Parkerson in Enterprise Monday, November 9, 2015|
QASymphony has released qTest Scenario, a new JIRA plugin that provides the ability to manage everything from test creation, execution and results through defect resolution, all within Atlassian’s JIRA software. qTest Scenario is currently in controlled release and will be available for GA in the Atlassian Marketplace in December.
With qTest Scenario development teams can optimize and scale a test-first approach across their organizations. qTest Scenario’s primary features include:
- Gherkin editor for feature and scenario development.
- Ability to import/export existing feature files.
- Robust reporting with end-to-end traceability (including execution results).
- Option to manually track test results with multiple runs.
- Out-of-the box integration to Cucumber via Maven for automated test results.
- API for building custom integrations for automated test result submission.
Integrations between qTest and test automation frameworks such as JIRA, Rally and VersionOne use QASymphony’s open APIs and SDKs and offer:
- Out-of the-box integration with TestNG, Junit, Cucumber for Java to create, schedule and report back execution results.
- Connect qTest to continuous integration tools such as Jenkins and Bamboo to analyze test run results of each build.
- RESTful web service APIs provide access to qTest objects through JSON requests and responses.
- Custom automation SDKs for Java and .NET
Read more: https://www.qasymphony.com/testing-platform/integr...