IBM POWER and Nutanix Software bringing new workloads to hyperconverged deployments
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Wednesday, May 17, 2017|
Hyper-converged deployments for enterprise workloads to be provided by the new partnership between IBM and Nutanix.
IBM and Nutanix have announced a multi-year initiative to bring new workloads to hyper-converged deployments. Handling these kinds of workloads present unique challenges - needing a combination of reliable storage, fast networks, scalability and extremely powerful computing. It seems like private datacenters that were designed just a few years ago are due for a refresh - not only in the technology, but also in the architectural design philosophy. This is where the combination of IBM Power Systems and Nutanix comes in.
The integrated offering aims to combine Nutanix’s Enterprise Cloud Platform software with IBM Power Systems, to deliver a hyper-converged solution targeting critical workloads in large enterprises. The partnership plans to deliver a full-stack combination with built-in AHV virtualization for a simple experience within the datacenter.
Enterprise workloads to be handled:
- Next generation cognitive workloads, including big data, machine learning and AI
- Mission-critical workloads, such as databases, large scale data warehouses, web infrastructure, and mainstream enterprise apps
- Cloud Native Workloads, including full stack open source middleware and enterprise databases and Containers
With a shared philosophy based on open standards, a combination of Nutanix and IBM will be designed to bring out the true power of software-defined infrastructure - choice - for global 2000 enterprises, with plans for:
- A simplified private enterprise cloud that delivers POWER architecture in a seamless and compatible way to the datacenter
- Exclusive virtualization management with AHV, advanced planning and remediation with Machine Learning, App Mobility, Microsegmentation and more, with one-click automation
- A fully integrated one-click management stack with Prism, to eliminate silos and reduce the need for specialized IT skills to build and operate cloud-driven infrastructure
- Deploying stateful cloud native services using Acropolis Container Services with automated deployment and enterprise-class persistent storage
“Hyper-converged systems continue on a rapid growth trajectory, with a market size forecast of nearly $6 billion by 2020. IT teams now recognize the need, and the undeniable benefits, of embracing the next generation of datacenter infrastructure technology,” said Stefanie Chiras, VP Power Systems at IBM. “Our partnership with Nutanix will be designed to give our joint enterprise customers a scalable, resilient, high-performance hyper-converged infrastructure solution, benefiting from the data and compute capabilities of the POWER architecture and the one-click simplicity of the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform.”
Are you paying more taxes than you have to as a developer or freelancer? The IRS is certainly not going to tell you about a deduction you failed to take, and your accountant is not likely to take the time to ask you about every deduction you’re entitled to. As former IRS Commissioner Mark Everson admitted, “If you don’t claim it, you don’t get it.
Get hands-on experience in performing simple to complex mobile forensics techniques Retrieve and analyze data stored not only on mobile devices but also through the cloud and other connected mediums A practical guide to leveraging the power of mobile forensics on popular mobile platforms with lots of tips, tricks, and caveats.
The Chirp GPS app is a top-ranked location sharing app available for Apple and Android that is super easy to use, and most of all, it's reliable.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.