Google releases new Cloud IoT Core service
|Richard Harris in Cloud Services Wednesday, May 17, 2017|
Cloud IoT Core service by Google Cloud Platform released for their platform.
When used as part of a broader Cloud IoT solution, Cloud IoT Core gives you access to new operational insights that can help your business react to, and optimize for, change in real time. This advantage has value across multiple industries; for example:
- Utilities can monitor, analyze, and predict consumer energy usage in real time
- Transportation and logistics firms can proactively stage the right vehicles/vessels/aircraft in the right places at the right times
- Oil & gas and manufacturing companies can enable intelligent scheduling of equipment maintenance to maximize production/minimize downtime
- Fast and easy setup and management: Cloud IoT Core lets you connect up to millions of globally dispersed devices into a single system with smooth and even data ingestion ensured under any condition. Devices are registered to your service quickly and easily via the industry-standard MQTT protocol. For Android Things-based devices, firmware updates can be automatic.
- Security out-of-the-box: Secure all device data via industry-standard security protocols.
- Native integration with analytic services: Ingest all your IoT data so you can manage it as a single system and then easily connect it to our native analytic services and partner BI solutions (such as Looker, Qlik, Tableau, and Zoomdata). Pinpoint potential problems and uncover solutions using interactive data visualizations, or build rich machine-learning models that reflect how your business works.
- Auto-managed infrastructure: All this in the form of a fully-managed, pay-as-you-go GCP service, with no infrastructure for you to deploy, scale, or manage.
"With Google Cloud IoT Core, we have been able to connect large fleets of bicycles to the cloud and quickly build a smart transportation fleet management tool that provides operators with a real time view of bicycle utilization, distribution and performance metrics, and forecasts demand for our customers." Jose L. Ugia, VP Engineering, Noa Technologies
Clouds are distributed technology platforms that leverage sophisticated technology innovations to provide highly scalable and resilient environments that can be remotely utilized by organizations in a multitude of powerful ways. To successfully build upon, integrate with, or even create a cloud environment requires an understanding of its common inner mechanics, architectural layers, and models, as well as an understanding of the business and economic factors that result from the adoption and real-world use of cloud-based services.
The ultimate hands-on Linux user guide.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.