Game Developers Can Tap into Lucrative Chinese and Japanese Markets with Kii’s New Game Cloud Service Featuring Unity SDK Integration
|Stuart Parkerson in Programming Friday, January 31, 2014|
Kii has launched Game Cloud, a new mobile backend platform service for developers and gaming studios to build, distribute, and monetize their games. Featuring an integrated Unity SDK, the Game Cloud offers ready-to-use services that include cloud backend, player management, social integrations, usage analytics, monetization channels, and publishing/promotion all with the ability to target app users in China and Japan, tapping into two rabidly growing markets.
Game Cloud features include
• Cloud based user and data management: Developers can use Game Cloud to handle player log-ins and store data and objects in key value store.
• Most common "middleware" components: social integration, push, geo-location are used by most games and available out of the box with Game Cloud.
• Customizable analytics for mobile games: Game Cloud analytics enable game developers to create and monitor custom metrics unique to their game that help them understand player behavior to optimize game experience and monetization.
• Globally distributed backend: Developers can deploy games on Game Cloud hosted in US, Japan or behind China's "Great Firewall" to ensure stable, reliable app performance.
• Monetization channels: Developers can tap into Kii's multiple ad networks and start monetizing on their mobile game from day one with the Kii Ads SDK.
• Expanded distribution services for China and Japan: Through Kii to China, developers can distribute their games to the world's largest smartphone market; through Kii's handset and carrier partnerships in Japan, they can also distribute their Unity-based games to the world's best monetized mobile gaming market.
Also, Kii and Unity are launching a "Kii to Unity Game Contest," a mobile game development contest with a $10,000 cash prize. For more information click here.
Kii’s Game Cloud is free for the basic package and the pro version is $199 per month. Custom plans are also available. For more information visit the link below.
Read more: http://en.kii.com/develop/gamecloud