FB Messenger update adds new customizable features
|Christian Hargrave in Messaging Friday, March 9, 2018|
Facebook Messenger v2.3 announced to offer all new third-party business offerings.
"If a business asks for a person's contact info, they can send a quick reply button that will auto-populate with the person's email or phone number that is associated with their Facebook profile. The person can then easily select and share it with the business. If the person has more than one email address or phone number connected with their profile, they will be given the option to select which they would like to share with the business," according to the blog post that announced the update.
Facebook Messenger 2.3 features that are available:
- Quick replies for contact info
- Customer chat plugin customization
- Easy setup tool: To help simplify customization, we created a tool to walk businesses and developers through the available customizations, including generating the snippet of code to place on their website in minutes.
- Notifications: Once a person starts a chat with your business, they will be notified when your business responds by badging the Messenger icon with a red dot, as well as triggering a notification sound and page title change.
- Persistent menu: Businesses can now incorporate the persistent menu from their existing Messenger experience into customer chat so that people can access it at any point during their conversation.
- Support for Internet Explorer: This will ensure greater overall stability and performance for your customers visiting your website using the Internet Explorer web browser
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.