Encap Security Integrates Apple Touch ID Fingerprint Technology into It’s Mobile Enterprise App Authentication Platform
|Richard Harris in Enterprise Wednesday, October 22, 2014|
Encap Security, which offers an in-app authentication solution, has announced it has integrated Apple’s Touch ID fingerprint technology into its Smarter Authentication platform.
Through support for Apple’s public Touch ID API, any application using Encap’s technology will be able to leverage Apple’s fingerprint sensor for login and transaction authentication within a multifactor approach that can also include PIN entry, device location and user behavior.
Encap Security enables companies such as financial services customers to leverage Apple’s authentication feature in concert with other higher degrees of authentication to deliver a secure, adaptable environment for mobile payments and banking.
Encap turns any personal device into a security credential removing the need for SMS codes and hardware such as tokens and SIM-cards. The platform takes the convenience factor of Touch ID for unlocking mobile devices and leverages it by adding additional security using Encap Security’s factors of authentication provided through its dedicated banking-grade software.
Read more: https://www.encapsecurity.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more