AppDynamics unveils the next gen business iQ
|Christian Hargrave in IoT Monday, October 23, 2017|
Next gen of Business iQ gets new machine learning capabilities says AppDynamics.
Every enterprise is deploying more and more software across public, private and multicloud environments. However, they don’t have a correlated view of business and technology performance - leading to lost customers and frustrated executives who don’t know the impact technology performance is having on the business. In fact, only 12 percent of technology and c-level executives believe that IT organizations are very effective at leading digital transformations across their business, according to a recent McKinsey report.
“AppDynamics delivered a cultural change for digital business by creating a common language between the business and IT,” said David Wadhwani, CEO, AppDynamics. “The next generation of Business iQ is a leap forward for our industry, moving from performance monitoring and technical metrics to a world of predictively driving business outcomes across the entire digital experience. Now, more than ever, CIOs can play a more strategic role in the business.”
Introducing the Next Generation of Business iQ
When AppDynamics introduced Business iQ it revolutionized the CIO’s relationship with the business by showing how technology performance affects business performance. For the first time ever, CIOs were elevated from servicing the business to driving it.
Last year, AppDynamics introduced Business iQ and revolutionized the CIO’s relationship with the business by showing how technology performance affects business performance. For the first time ever, CIOs are elevated from servicing the business to driving it.
As application success becomes indistinguishable from business success, AppDynamics is taking the relationship between the app and the business to the next level and changing the way businesses visualize and optimize their processes. Built to empower modern CIOs to transition their organizations from servicing the business to driving the business, Business iQ enables enterprises to realize faster Mean Time to Business Awareness (MTBA). The next-gen of Business iQ provides CIOs the single visual of customer experiences the way they actually unfold in real time across any device. The new Business iQ will include:
- Business Journeys: With AppDynamics Business Journeys, digital companies can link multiple, distributed business events into a single business process that reflect the way customers interact with a business. Business Journeys can also be tailored to any digital process, in any industry and any company, enabling unlimited possibilities for CIOs to truly drive the digital experience.
- Experience Level Management (XLM): With XLM, enterprises can establish custom experience levels and thresholds by customer, location or device. For example, the CIO of a major retailer will be able to deliver tailored experiences for its top customers throughout the customer journey by setting unique performance thresholds across its websites, mobile apps, in-store wireless and at the checkout register.
New Visibility for a New Kind of Innovation
Gartner, Inc. forecasts that 8.4 billion connected things will be in use worldwide in 2017, up 31 percent from 2016, and will reach 20.4 billion by 2020. These devices create another channel to engage with customers, and if properly measured and optimized, can create game changing business benefits. With all new IoT visibility, businesses can convert rich and invaluable insights into consumer behavior, buying patterns, and business impacts. IoT visibility includes:
- Device business impact: Together with Business iQ, IoT visibility will provide unprecedented insight into how IoT devices are driving business impact. And because these insights are delivered through a single platform, IoT visibility is the first and only solution that maps and correlates entire customer journeys - from device, to customer touchpoint, to business conversions.
- Device application visibility: AppDynamics’ new IoT visibility provides an aggregated view into device uptime, version status and performance, enabling drill-down views into the device to simplify the troubleshooting of complex IoT devices.
- Custom Dashboards: Every company measures success differently. With custom dashboards in IoT visibility, companies from any vertical can quickly build new visualizations to measure the business impact of IoT devices - from the revenue impact of a slow check out for a brick and mortar retailer to the customer impact of a software change in a connected car.
Additionally, enterprises are building new applications using next gen architectures, multiple clouds and microservices - creating deeper visibility needs. AppDynamics is bolstering its unified platform with all new network visibility delivered through a single UI. With new network visibility, enterprises will be able to understand the impact that the network is having on their business performance, allowing IT teams to quickly identify if an issue is from the application code or the compute layer, for example. And, because only AppDynamics has the capability to deploy controllers across multiple clouds, customers don't have to make a compromise of using yet another siloed tool or separate controllers resulting in slower troubleshooting.
For the first time, every function will be able to operate off the same application intelligence, whether you’re a developer, operations leader, product manager, hardware engineer, or network engineer. There’s finally a single source of truth for the end-end digital experience. But this is just the beginning of what’s possible for correlating network performance to business performance now that AppDynamics is part of the Cisco family.
The Pioneer in Monitoring with Applied Machine Learning
Machine learning has been part of AppDynamics fabric since the very beginning. It enabled the company to change the way businesses monitor their application performance with a patented data model comprised of Business Transactions (BT) that changed an entire industry. This novel yet radical idea expanded the focus of performance monitoring from machines and processes to uncovering how real customers interact with the business through production software at scale.
Recent advances have enabled AppDynamics to make machine learning a more visible component of the App iQ platform. Included in the latest release of App iQ is the KPI analyzer, which applies machine learning to automate root cause analysis. With the KPI analyzer, customers can isolate the metrics that are the most likely contributors to the poor performance, and identifies the likely degree of impact on the KPI for each metric, automatically. The KPI analyzer makes troubleshooting root cause as simple as clicking a prompt to surface the underlying issue most likely to be the root cause of degraded performance.
Write and run code every step of the way, using Android Studio to create apps that integrate with other apps, download and display pictures from the web, play sounds, and more. Each chapter and app has been designed and tested to provide the knowledge and experience you need to get started in Android development.
How to create a profitable, sustainable business developing and marketing mobile apps.