Yelp Updates Developer API Site, Increases Call Limits to 50,000
|Stuart Parkerson in Programming Friday, July 18, 2014|
Yelp has launched a new website for developers to access its API. The company is making Yelp data more accessible with an increased API call limit of 25,000 per day without prior approval.
The Yelp API provides the ability to:
- Find up to 40 best results for a geographically-oriented search
- Sort results by the best match for the query, highest ratings, or distance
- Limit results to those businesses offering a Yelp Deal, and display information about the deal like the title, savings, and purchase URL
- Identify and display whether a business has been claimed on Yelp.com
- The API uses a standard, secure authorization protocol (OAuth 1.0a, xAuth) for authenticating requests and offers various API methods.
To integrate the Yelp API:
1. Data Ingestion API - Use the Data Ingestion API to match with businesses on Yelp.
2. Transaction Iframe - Expose transaction services through an iframe for desktop and mobile.
3. Yelp Checkout API - Integrate ordering, scheduling, payment, fulfillment, and customer support processes into the transaction flow.
Read more: http://officialblog.yelp.com/2014/07/calling-all-d...