Visa Introduces Visa Checkout, A New Mobile Payment System and SDK
|Richard Harris in Monetize Friday, July 18, 2014|
Visa has launched Visa Checkout, a new payment service enhanced for mobile that allows users to enter a username and password to make credit card payments on a PC, mobile device or within a mobile app. Visa Checkout works with any major credit or debit card.
Visa says that it created the new payment option to simplify the checkout process. When users enter their username and password, the credit card and shipping information are automatically populated. Visa Checkout is currently available for payments processed in the United States, Canada and Australia.
A new Visa Checkout mobile SDK is available, allowing developers to build and implement a native in-app checkout experience for iOS and Android devices. Developers can sign up for a free Visa Checkout Developer Center account and build a test implementation using a sandbox environment.
Some of Visa's key requirements are:
- The integrated merchant website must be PCI-DSS compliant.
- The merchant must have a Merchant Acquiring Account.
- The merchant must be in good business standing.
- For merchants that are not PCI-DSS compliant or do not have a Merchant Account, Visa suggest working with Authorize.Net as a payment service provider.
The Visa Checkout SDK files and related documentation are available for download from the Visa Developers website at the link below.
Read more: https://developer.visa.com/visacheckout
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more