Unity Technologies Unveils 2D Gaming Tools
|Richard Harris in Mobile Tech Thursday, August 29, 2013|
The tool offers the introduction of a dedicated scene view, which includes specialized 2D scene manipulation tools. Scene view can be toggled between the traditional view or set as the default when creating a project. Importing, manipulating, and working with 2D are facilitated with the addition of a new sprite texture importer type, automated atlasing, and dedicated 2D renderer component.
They have updated the Unity animation editor to include "dope sheet" functionality and visual sprite animation editing leading for improved control over intricate animations.
The specialized Box2D physics engine has been integrated into Unity to offer improved performance, more stable simulation and smaller game builds. Additionally, polygon collider generation from sprite textures means quicker creation of accurate, but fully editable, physical collider meshes for refined physical response between objects in a scene.
Read more: http://blogs.unity3d.com/2013/08/28/unity-native-2...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more