Turbulenz Engine Goes Open Source
Saturday, May 11, 2013
The HTML5 known as Turbulenz has some pretty big news to announce! The company revealed today that it is making its HTML5 gaming engine open and available to everyone.
The hope is that by going open source, developers can contribute to the overall growth of the engine and usage by allowing contributions from app developers using the engine in their games.
“HTML5 isn’t about tech demos anymore,” Turbulenz chief executive James Austin told GamesBeat. “With the Turbulenz Engine, it’s powering a new generation of high quality and engaging content accessible instantly online. The Turbulenz Engine contains an extensive range of features and services for creating games,, the engine was designed to be a complete Internet generation game engine. By this, we mean a game engine that was conceived, designed, and implemented specifically for building games that are played via the Internet using web technologies, rather than as a native application on a console or PC.”
Read more: https://github.com/turbulenz/turbulenz_engine
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more