The Ultimate App Marketing Strategy: The Right Message to the Right Person at the Right Time and Place
|Stuart Parkerson in Marketing & Promotion Wednesday, September 24, 2014|
Advertisers are closer than ever to the Holy Grail of consumer app marketing: Reaching a customer who is on the verge of making a purchasing decision and sending them a personalized appeal to sway the purchase behavior in the advertiser’s favor.
And this is not future sci-fi, it is happening today. And if you aren’t leveraging this type of mobile marketing, your competitors who are doing so are going to blow right past you.
The ability of mobile technology to walk step and step with consumers throughout their every day existence is transforming how companies are interacting with current and potential customers.
But its more than location-aware technology that is creating this opportunity: it’s also the technology available today to understand who these current and potential customers are – drilling down into their buying habits, buying triggers, environmental influences, and much more – that really transforms the marketing potential that smart connected devices present.
So how do you harness the power of today’s location-aware technology such as GPS, Wi-Fi, beacons, etc. and how do you prepare for what is on the horizon for tomorrow? If you are like most of us in the industry you don’t have time, knowledge or expertise to properly leverage this opportunity.
I bring up this subject because of a recent white paper I read from Phunware titled - How to Own the Customer Experience Using Location: Precise Marketing for Your Most Engaged Customers.
Among other things, the publication discusses:
- How to incorporate location into your mobile strategy
- How location-aware technology increases engagement and revenue
- Examples of location-aware technology in action
- User concerns
- Developer and publisher concerns
- How to choose the right technology provider partner
Topics included are how to add location to your mobile strategy; a primer on location awareness; choosing the right technology; digital engagement for the physical world; and more.
The publication is available today on the Phunware website as a free download.
Read more: http://www2.phunware.com/own-the-customer-experien...
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more