Teradata Appliance for SAS Model 750 Expands Analytics Capabilities
|Stuart Parkerson in Enterprise Friday, October 30, 2015|
Teradata has released new functionality for its Teradata Appliance for SAS Model 750, supporting expanded SAS in-memory analytics. Jointly developed by SAS and Teradata, the appliance is a companion to the Teradata Workload-specific Platform Family executing in-memory analytics directly against the data, without having to move or duplicate the data, to improve performance and data governance.
With the update, companies can run SAS High-Performance Analytics Products, SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Visual Statistics, and SAS IMSTAT together on one system. The appliance connects directly to Mellanox InfiniBand interconnection hardware, enabling high-speed data access and processing of complex analytics. With the ability of greater processing speed, the platform eliminates the need for data duplication, replication, and a silo data mart by lifting the data from the data warehouse into memory for analysis.
The appliance allows users to explore big data resources in finer detail, build complex data models and deliver insights in a timely manner to mobile devices or dashboards. The new appliance takes advantage of new Intel chips for faster processing, expanded memory to manage more data and the ability to analyze data from Hadoop.
New features include:
- New Intel chip sets for faster computation needed for advanced analytics
- Increased memory capacity (256 or 512 or 768GB per node)
- Max cluster size >600 nodes to handle larger data footprints and larger number of SAS users
- Incorporates SAS Managed Server nodes for other SAS traditional software (non in-memory)
Read more: http://www.teradata.com/product.aspx?id=18660&Lang...
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more