Spirent Releases new SaaS Platform for Network and Cloud Testing
|Richard Harris in Application Testing Monday, May 30, 2016|
Spirent Communications has released a new platform, Spirent Temeva, a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution for network and cloud testing. The platform is offered in three web-based applications covering network traffic testing, Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), infrastructure benchmarking, cloud performance and capacity planning.
The new Temeva platform browser-based platform automatically stores all test configurations, data, and reports in a cloud based repository which can be accessed from any device through a web-based portal, where test metrics can be transformed into analyses and scored.
Temeva offers a dashboard that inventories all purchased applications and licenses so administrators can manage usage and purchasing decisions. Test reports are scored with Pass or Fail grades providing network answers in a matter of minutes to identify the root cause of network problems and validate Service-Level Agreements (SLAs).
The first three test applications available in Temeva are:
- Spirent TrafficCenter: A web-based network testing application to test and validate network connectivity, design, and traffic flow. TrafficCenter application features include Layer 2 and Layer 3 traffic generation, drag-and-drop traffic flows and mixes, health indicators, enhanced live results, and comprehensive test reports. It supports industry standard traffic flows, traffic mixes, and subnet profiles. In addition, its application library allows for sharing of pre-configured topology profiles.
- Spirent MethodologyCenter: A methodology-driven application features standardized test scenarios for NFV infrastructure, Virtual Network Function (VNF), and network benchmarking. It improves productivity and user experience with preconfigured topology profiles that help save time and get to meaningful results faster.
Spirent CloudStress: An infrastructure benchmarking application designed for performance and capacity planning for Compute, Memory, Storage and Network I/O that features dynamic workloads to validate Cloud and Virtualized infrastructure. It offers a collection of pre-configured test methodologies suited for Cloud and Virtualized applications providing the ability to test for capacity and boundary limits using precise realistic load generation.
Read more: http://www.spirent.com/products/temeva
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more