New Wearable Payment Solutions SDK To Be Released By Wirecard AG
|Stuart Parkerson in Monetize Wednesday, February 11, 2015|
Wirecard AG has announced that it will be releasing a new Software Development Kit (SDK) for wearable payment solutions at the end of February. This will include a dedicated developer portal that will provide access to a range of programming interfaces (APIs), tools and simulators, to simplify the integration of payment functions into various different applications and devices ranging from wristbands and smart-watches to clothes.
Wirecard hopes its Wearable Payments Developer Kit will open up the market for the integration of payment services into wearable electronic devices. The solution is based on host card emulation (HCE) technology and enables contactless payment using one-off tokens.
Earlier this year, Wirecard announced its Wirecard Smart Band, a wearable device with contactless payment functions that is designed to be worn or attached to the body while being used and have the capability to connect and communicate. The device communicates either directly to the network through inbuilt connectivity capability or through other devices such as a smartphone or tablet.
Read more: http://www.wirecard.com/
Become a subscriber of App Developer Magazine for just $5.99 a month and take advantage of all these perks.
MEMBERS GET ACCESS TO
- - Exclusive content from leaders in the industry
- - Q&A articles from industry leaders
- - Tips and tricks from the most successful developers weekly
- - Monthly issues, including all 90+ back-issues since 2012
- - Event discounts and early-bird signups
- - Gain insight from top achievers in the app store
- - Learn what tools to use, what SDK's to use, and more